Discover Giving the Gift of Independence – Volunteer with Neighbors Who Care
We Need Your Help! The first step is simple – PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. (Or, download the application packet)
OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP INCLUDE: Transportation • Shopping & Errands • Dinner Delivery • Respite • Visiting • Reassurance Calling • Van Driving • Office & Clerical • Education Planning • Event Planning • Minor Repair • Business Help
COVID-19 self-isolation and social distancing policies mean seniors in Sun Lakes and South Chandler need your help now more than ever. Delivering meals, providing transportation and helping them stay connected makes an incredible difference!
Sign up below to learn more about how YOU can help!
- Join an Orientation class in our office where we’ll share tips and helpful guidelines.
- Complete an online background check.
- Review our volunteer handbook.
- Share your preferences of activities and availability -THAT’S IT!
You may volunteer for any or all of the following services:
- Transportation – Volunteers drive clients to medical and other important appointments in their personal vehicle.
- Dinner Delivery – Volunteers take prepared meals to homebound clients unable to cook for themselves
- Grocery Shopping Homebound clients provide volunteers a grocery/prescription list, and volunteers deliver items to the client’s home.
- Friendly Visits, Van Service, Respite Visits, Business Assistance and Light Household Maintenance services will resume when appropriate.
Thank you for caring for our most vulnerable population during this time of uncertainty. Please register today. You may volunteer as little or as often as you wish. However you choose to serve, your contribution can make a world of difference in the lives of our homebound neighbors who may not have anyone else nearby to help them.
If you are unable to make a scheduled Volunteer Orientation, you may watch this recorded version below.
Just CLICK the YouTube image.
Step One – Complete the form below – Our volunteer coordinator will be in contact to meet you and get to know you.