Discover Giving the Gift of Independence – Volunteer with Neighbors Who Care
We Need Your Help! The first step is simple – PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. (Or, download the application packet)
OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP INCLUDE: Transportation • Shopping & Errands • Dinner Delivery • Respite • Visiting • Reassurance Calling • Van Driving • Office & Clerical • Education Planning • Event Planning • Minor Repair • Business Help
COVID-19 self-isolation and social distancing policies mean seniors in Sun Lakes and South Chandler need your help now more than ever. Delivering meals, providing transportation and helping them stay connected makes all the difference, and you can help!
Sign up below. Good news – We have moved much of our onboarding process ONLINE!
- Join an orientation class on ZOOM where we’ll share tips and helpful guidelines.
- Complete a background check.
- Review our volunteer manual via email.
- Share your preferences of activities and availability -THAT’S IT!
You may volunteer for any or all of the following services:
- Transportation – Volunteers drive clients to medical and other important appointments in their personal vehicle.
- Dinner Delivery – Volunteers take prepared meals to homebound clients unable to cook for themselves
- Grocery Shopping Homebound clients provide volunteers a grocery/prescription list, and volunteers deliver items to the client’s home.
- Friendly Visits, Van Service, Respite Visits, Business Assistance and Light Household Maintenance services will resume when appropriate.
Thank you for caring for our most vulnerable population during this time of uncertainty. Please register today. You may volunteer as much or as little time as you wish. Your contribution can make a world of difference in the lives of our homebound neighbors. Thank you for 25 years of love and support!
Step One – Complete the form below – Our volunteer coordinator will be in contact to meet you and get to know you.