Because we don't have enough volunteers, we are turning down client requests for rides. 😔 Without these rides, our homebound seniors cannot make it to their important medical appointments or shop for much needed groceries.
For as little as 2 hours a month, you can make a difference in a neighbor’s life! 🤗
The need for volunteers has never been greater as our aging population continues to expand and require assistance.
Volunteering is an excellent way to contribute to your community by helping our aging seniors. By volunteering, you can meet new people and make friends who share your interests or are passionate about Neighbors Who Care. Whether you want to help improve your community or make a difference in the world, volunteering is a rewarding experience for both you and our clients.
You can serve as little or as often as you like based on your availability, and you get to choose the services that you want to provide.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE INCLUDE:
- Transportation - Drive clients to medical and other important appointments in their personal vehicle.
- Dinner Delivery - Take prepared meals to homebound clients unable to cook for themselves.
- Grocery Shopping - Homebound clients provide volunteers a grocery/prescription list, and volunteers pick up and deliver items to the client's home.
- Friendly Visits - Enhance the quality of life by visiting clients with regular visits that are usually once a week.
- Van Service - Drive our NWC van to take clients to grocery stores and select other stores.
- Respite Visits - Provide companion visits for clients who cannot be left alone allowing the caregiver a break.
- Business Assistance - Assist with accounting, banking, and insurance procedures.
- Minor Repairs - Provide assistance in areas of small repairs and minor installations.
For more information visit our Services page.
Volunteering that fits your schedule
Joining Neighbors Who Care as a volunteer is not just hassle-free, but also highly adaptable, providing you the freedom to serve on your own terms. You can opt for the specific type of services you want to offer, and you have full control over your volunteer schedule. Whether you wish to serve once a week, a few times a month, or more, we will collaborate with you to create a schedule that fits your requirements.
Your assistance can make a substantial difference in the lives of our homebound neighbors who may lack nearby support. Your contribution, irrespective of its size, can significantly enhance their quality of life.
Join us in this fulfilling experience of giving back to the community and making a difference in someone's life.
Volunteering is as easy as 1-2-3!
Fill Out The Form Below