It’s that time of year where hydration is so important! We’re all well aware of the constant reminder to keep sipping on water throughout the day, but let’s face it – plain old water can sometimes be a bit, well, boring!
Drinking lemon water consistently throughout the day, is one of the best things you can do for your body. Lemons are high in Vitamin C which aids the immune system but it will help with hydration, digestion, detoxification, and supports weight loss.
Whenever possible use fresh lemons, not artificial lemon juice. When lemons are in season, freshly squeeze and freeze the juice in small ice cube trays. It makes it easy to pop one in your water to drink throughout the day.
Here’s a few more tricks on how you can make water taste better so you drink more of it!
Try some of these water “add-ons” to help us drink more water:
• A splash of unsweetened cranberry juice
• Ginger, Lemon and raw honey
• A splash of Acai juice or other 100 percent fruit juice (no added sugar)
• Slices of citrus fruit – grapefruit, oranges, limes and lemons
• Muddle sprigs of mint or other herbs (lemon balm, basil, etc)
• Fresh or frozen berries – strawberries, blueberries, etc.
• Slices of cucumber
• Pineapple chunks or slices (best when soaked for over 2 hours)
• Frozen clementine slices
• Flavored ice cubes (made from watermelon, orange, lime, coffee, berries, etc.)
• Decaffeinated Tea – brew black, green, white, or flavored (i.e. passion fruit) then chill or serve over ice.
• Make it bubbly by enjoying sparkling water
Super Hydration Tip: One of the best things you can do is to add 1/8 tsp. sea salt and/or a few drops of Trace Mineral Drops to your water in the morning to help increase hydration and heal your adrenals.
It’s so easy to establish a great water intake routine! Have your favorite items handy so you can enjoy water and stay hydrated!