AARP Smart Driver™ course is a valuable resource for individuals looking to improve their driving skills and potentially qualify for a safe driver discount on their auto insurance. Plus safer driving can save you more than just money. The course teaches proven driving techniques to help keep you and your loved ones safe on the road.
Additionally, you’ll learn:
• Important facts about the effects of medication on driving.
• How to reduce driver distractions.
• How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car.
• Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes and new technology found in cars today.
• Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way, and roundabouts.
• Age-related physical changes and how to adjust your driving to compensate.
ATTENDEES CAN claim your safe driver discount when you complete this course.
Upon completing the AARP Smart Driver Course, you may be eligible for a multi-year discount on your auto insurance. This discount can help you save money while encouraging safer driving habits.
NWC VOLUNTEERS! THIS COURSE IS FREE FOR YOU!
Non Volunteer Cost: AARP members can take the course for $20, while non-members pay $25. The payment is collected in cash by the AARP instructor.
Each month, the course has limited seating available for up to 10 participants. It is advisable to secure your spot in advance.
SAVE YOUR SEAT on Eventbrite.