Become a Client
At Neighbors Who Care, we aim to create a strong community of volunteers who are dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of our aging population.
Our goal is to help seniors live at home with pride, dignity, and independence. We value our clients, volunteers, and partners and believe in building mutually rewarding relationships with them. We treat everyone we encounter with respect and dignity and always maintain the highest ethical standards. Understanding the unique situations of our clients and partners, we strive to interact with them in a helpful and supportive manner.
If you or someone you know could benefit from our services, we encourage you to fill out the form below
Client Eligibility Criteria
Clients are accepted for NWC services if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Individuals discharged from a hospital who have no immediate family available nor monetary resources to assist with post hospitalization issues.
- Persons undergoing life-saving treatment such as dialysis, chemo-therapy, etc.
- Caregiver who, without our services, would be in jeopardy of their own health being compromised.
- Homebound, as defined by Medicare.
- Persons with significant physical or mental health disabilities as defined by Social Security, Medicare, or the Veterans' Administration.
- Over age 60 and low income.
No written documentation is required. All prospective clients receive an in-home assessment by the NWC Case Manager (degreed social worker) to determine eligibility and need for individual NWC services.